Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) was originally developed in 1952 to help doctors and counselors across the country standardize the classifications of mental disorders in the American population. Throughout the intervening years, the DSM has gone through several revisions, establishing specific diagnostic criteria for each disorder listed, and revising disorders as more was understood about their origins, symptoms, and treatments. The DSM III (1980) marks the point when substance use disorders were moved to a category of their own, separate from personality disorders. Today, the current DSM lists the diagnostic criteria for substance use disorders.
While these standardized diagnostic practices have been in use for more than sixty years, there are some pros and cons in the use of the DSM diagnoses of substance use disorders in the assessment of clients.
Complete the following requirements:
- Evaluate, in detail, the pros and cons of using DSM diagnoses as the primary classification structure for clients with substance use disorders.
- Examine the assessment types used to diagnose clients with substance use. Choose two of these assessments that would not only help to diagnose the substance use disorder, but would also assess the whole person. Explain them fully.
- Compare and contrast the two assessments chosen regarding how they will evaluate the whole person and not just the specific DSM diagnostic criteria.
- Justify the value of using assessments that evaluate the whole person rather than just the specific DSM diagnostic criteria.
Use scholarly resources to support your work.
Write a 3–4 page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of resources.