Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum and using the uploaded book. Please cite each answer.
The reference is:
Daempfle, P. (2016). Essential biology: An applied approach. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
1. List 3 ways a person can best become biologically literate.
2. According to the characteristics of life discussed in the course, a rock is not considered life. Choose one characteristic of life to defend why a rock is not life.
3. Name two kingdoms described in the six-kingdom system of taxonomy. Describe two differences between the two kingdoms. How are the two kingdoms the same?
4. Compare how ionic, covalent and polar covalent bonds differ from each other. Be sure to include the following terms in your comparison: electronegativity, polarity and stability?
5. For question #4 above, give an example of a compound formed by each of the bonds described and explain how it formed. Make sure to include the electron arrangement around the atoms.
6. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Describe how the activities of the single celled Amoeba are dependent upon ATP.
7. Why is carbon the backbone of life? Describe the characteristics of carbon that make it our unique building block.
8. Define the following terms: passive transport, active transport and receptor-mediated endocytosis. List one way each of the terms differs from the others.
9. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Explain how the sodium-potassium pump plays a role in secondary active transport.
10. Explain what is involved with the fluid mosaic model of the cell. In addition, specify which macromolecules are involved and describe the role(s) associated with them.
11. A battle between an amoeba and a single-celled protist, chilomonas ensues. The amoeba wins, but the large piece of chilomonas is too big to pass through the plasma membrane of the amoeba to eat. Describe the process by which the amoeba absorbs and digests the chilomonas.