Review the national healthcare issue/stressor you examined (nurse shortage) and review the analysis of the healthcare issue/stressor (nurse shortage).
· Identify and review two evidence-based scholarly resources that focus on proposed policies/practices to apply to your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
Resources for paper
Code of Ethics for Nurses With Interpretive Statements (View Only for Members and Non-Members)
Ethical Nursing Care Versus Cost Containment: Considerations to Enhance RN Practice
Ethical Awareness: What It Is and Why It Matters
The Assignment (4-5 pages):
Developing Organizational Policies and Practices
The new section should address the following:
· Identify and describe at least two competing needs impacting your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
· Describe a relevant policy or practice in an organization that may influence your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
· Critique the policy for ethical considerations, and explain the policy’s strengths and challenges in promoting ethics.
· Recommend one or more policy or practice changes designed to balance the competing needs of resources, workers, and patients, while addressing any ethical shortcomings of the existing policies. Be specific and provide examples.
· Cite evidence that informs the healthcare issue/stressor and/or the policies, and provide two scholarly resources in support of your policy or practice recommendations.