Prepare a spreadsheet of cost savings data showing efficiency gains attributable to care coordination over the course of one fiscal year, and report your key findings in an executive summary, 4â€“5 pages in length.
As the senior care coordinator in your organization, your manager has asked you to examine and report on how care coordination can generate cost savings, improve outcomes, enhance the collection of evidence-based data, and improve health care quality for the community. She would like you to compile cost savings data in a well-organized spreadsheet and present your key findings in an executive summary.
Determine how care coordination can reduce costs. Compile your cost savings data in a spreadsheet, using Microsoft Excel or a suitable application of your choice. (If you elect to use an application other than Excel, check with faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.) Your spreadsheet should contain at least four cost-saving elements. Identify the cost-saving element, current costs, and anticipated savings.
- Describe ways in which care coordination can generate cost savings.
- What are your primary evidence-based sources of information?
- Are your conclusions substantiated by the data?
- What assumptions, if any, underlie your analysis?
- Explain how care coordination can promote improved health consumerism and effect positive health outcomes.
- What evidence do you have to substantiate your claims?
- Describe at least five ways in which care coordination efforts can enhance the collection of evidence-based data and improve quality through the application of an emerging health care model.
- Choose any emerging health care model.
- Present cost savings data and information clearly and accurately.