Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
The theories and theorists discussed in this module include Dorothy Johnson (Behavioral Systems Model). This theory view persons (families, groups, communities) as integrated wholes or integrated systems interacting with the larger environmental system. The health or well-being of the person is influenced by environmental factors. This module introduces the work of Ernestine Wiedenbach, Lydia Hall, Ida Jean Orlando, and Joyce Travelbee. This module summarizes each of these early scholars and their conceptualization of nursing and the nurse-patient relationship. Their work situated the focus of nursing from performance of tasks to engagement in a therapeutic relationship designed to facilitate health and healing.
· Smith, M. C., & Parker, M. E. (2015). Nursing theories and nursing practice (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis. Chapters 6 & 7
Johnson viewed health a efficient and effective function of the system; composed of (1) the biological system (which is medical) and (2) the behavioral system (which is nursing) Nursing is concerned with helping the patient maintained balance in the behavioral system= behavioral balance and stability. Behavioral system balance and stability are demonstrated by observed behavior by the patient that is purposeful, orderly, and predictable.
Consider a clinical-practice situation that demonstrate Johnson’s model of health( think of 7 subsystems : affiliation, dependency, ingestive, alimentative, sexual, aggressive and achievement and chose one or several IN THE DISCUSSION.
IN THE DISCUSSION:
Explain the clinical-practice situation and ANSWER THIS QUESTION
How can the nurse support/use this theory to return the balance and stability( think how the patient who is balanced and stable act in purposeful, orderly and predictable manner
APART 2 Assignment:
Please create a Power Point to answer the following:
Ann, a community nurse, made an afternoon home visit with Susan and her father. After the death of her mother, Susan had growing concerns about her father living alone. “I worry about my father all the time. He is becoming more forgetful and he has trouble seeing. Mom used to take care of him. I am not sleeping and I am irritable around him. Yesterday I shouted at him because he wouldn’t let me help him with his laundry. I felt terrible! I am at my wits’ end! My brothers and sisters do not want to put dad in a nursing home but they are not willing to help out. As usual, they have left me with all the responsibility. I work part time and have two small children to care for.” Susan’s father, Sam, sat quietly with tears filling his eyes. He was well nourished and well-groomed but would not make eye contact. Nurse Ann noticed that the house was clean and orderly. A tray in front of the TV had the remains of a ham sandwich and glass of ice tea. Mail was piled up, unopened on a small table near the front door. There was only one car in the driveway and the yard was in need of attention.
1. What questions does Orlando’s theory guide the nurse to consider in caring for Susan and Sam?
2. Develop a family plan of care from the perspective of Orlando.
Explore the 1950 and 60’s in the United States:
1. Explore was happening in the United States during this time (culture, social, economics, struggles)
2. What did nursing look like during this time (what were their jobs like, responsibilities, dress, autonomy, respect)
3. What is the most influential accomplishment in nursing theory from the 1950’s and 1960’s?
Power Point should include at least 4 outside references and the textbook. It should include title and reference slides and be 14-20 slides.