Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
Within a busy healthcare environment, it can be difficult to recognize the influence of theory; yet theory plays a critical role in nursing practice as well as nursing research. The ultimate purpose of learning about theory in this course, and throughout the DNP program, is to strengthen your ability to promote evidence-based practice. Consider what you have learned in this course about the relationships among philosophy, science, theory, and practice; how could the insights you have gained help you to facilitate the application of evidence-based practice in a health care setting? How can an EBP model support this application?
For this Discussion, you will consider the various EBP models as well as the difference between EBP and clinical research.
- Reflect on the EBP models presented in the Learning Resources and their application in clinical practice.
- Recall the clinical practice problem you identified for Application #5, and consider which EBP model would best support investigating that problem.
- Also, contemplate the difference between the application of research in evidence-based practice and clinical research and the role of the DNP-prepared nurse in both.
By tomorrow Wednesday 8/9/17, write a minimum of 550 words essay with a minimum of 3 references that include the level one headers as numbered below:
post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Which EBP model would best support the exploration of the practice problem you utilized for Application #5? Include a brief summary of your practice problem and the rationale for your EBP model selection.
- Provide a summary of how evidence-based practice differs from clinical research, and include your perception of the role of DNP-prepared nurses in both.
McEwin, M., & Wills, E.M. (2014). Theoretical basis for nursing. (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health.
- Chapter 19, “Application of Theory in Nursing Research”
- Chapter 19 delves into the application of theory to nursing research and provides examples of its importance and use.
Gray, J.R., Grove, S.K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove’s the practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier.
- Review Chapter 1, “Discovering the World of Nursing Research”
- Review Chapter 1 focusing on how theory is applied to nursing through evidence-based practice.
- Chapter 19, “Evidence Synthesis and Strategies for Evidence-Based Practice”
- This section of Chapter 19 presents strategies for transitioning the nursing profession toward EBP.
Fitzpatrick, J. (2010). Connecting or disconnecting the dots between research and evidence-based practice. Applied Nursing Research, 23(1), 1. doi:10.1016/j.apnr.2009.10.001
This brief editorial calls for practitioners to be aware of the difference between research and evidence-based practice.
Ganz, F., Fink, N., Raanan, O., Asher, M., Bruttin, M., Nun, M., & Benbinishty, J. (2009). ICU nurses’ oral-care practices and the current best evidence. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 41(2), 132–138. doi:10.1111/j.1547-5069.2009.01264.x
This article explores the use of evidence-based practices in the ICU.
Kenny, D. J., Richard, M. L., Ceniceros, X., & Blaize, K. (2010). Collaborating across services to advance evidence-based nursing practice. Nursing Research, 59. S11–S21.
This article discusses the implementation of EBP through the collaborative efforts of nurses at two medical facilities.
Krom, Z., Batten, J., & Bautista, C. (2010). A unique collaborative nursing evidence-based practice initiative using the Iowa model: A clinical nurse specialist, a health science librarian, and a staff nurse’s success story. Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice, 24(2), 54–59. doi: 10.1097/NUR.0b013e3181cf5537
This article discusses the efforts of a clinical nurse specialist, a health science librarian, and a staff nurse to heighten staff nurse awareness of the evidence-based practice process.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (2010). The Iowa model of evidence-based practice. Retrieved from http://www.uihealthcare.org/otherservices.aspx?id=1617
This website provides numerous resources that explain and support the Iowa Model of EBP.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2011). Theoretical and scientific foundations for nursing practice: An evidence-based practice model [Video]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 10 minutes.
In this media presentation, Dr. Kathleen White discusses the Johns Hopkins model for evidence-based practice. Dr. White presents how the model was developed and provides examples of how each stage of the model is applied in nursing practice.
Dufault, M. (2004). Testing a collaborative research utilization model to translate best practices in pain management. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 1. S26–S32. doi:10.1111/j.1524-475X.2004.04049.x
Fineout-Overholt, E., & Johnston, L. (2005). Teaching EBP: Asking searchable, answerable clinical questions. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 2(3), 157–160.
Maramba, P., Richards, S., Myers, A., & Larrabee, J. (2004). Discharge planning process: applying a model for evidence-based practice. Journal Of Nursing Care Quality, 19(2), 123–129.
Newhouse, R.P. (2007). Diffusing confusion among evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and research. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 37(10), 432–435. doi:10.1097/01.NNA.0000285156.58903.d3
Newhouse, R., Dearholt, S., Poe, S. Pugh, L., & White, K. (2005). Evidence-based practice: Practical approach to implementation. Journal of Nursing Administration, 35(1), 35–40.