Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
Epidemiology week 5:2
Watch the listed video in its entirety, them answer the five questions below:
5-2 Video – The Trouble with Chicken
Based on the information in this video, Meridian Diagnostics Inc. decided to produce an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (EIA test kit) to screen for presence of Salmonella heidelberg, so patients who became sickened, could be diagnosed quickly and treated. Patient blood samples could be tested for presence of the S. heidelberg bacteria as opposed to other Genera and species of bacteria.
1. With this information, by constructing a 2-by-2 table, calculate the predictive-value positive and predictive-value negative of the EIA in a hypothetical population of 1,000,000 blood donors. Using a separate 2-by-2 table, calculate PVP and PVN for a population of 1000 ill patients. Assume that the actual prevalence of S. heidelberg among blood donors is 0.04% (0.0004) and that of people who ate Foster’s chicken is 10.0% (0.10).
2. Do you think that the EIA is a good screening test for the hospital? Why or why not?
3. Do you think that the EIA performs well enough to justify using the test outcomes in court cases? Why or why not?
4. If sensitivity and specificity remain constant, what is the relationship of prevalence to predictive-value positive and predictive-value negative?
Given their success with the EIA for S. heidelberg, Meridian Diagnostics decided to perfect their design, and use it to produce an EIA to test for E. coli O157 H7.
5. With this information, by constructing a 2-by-2 table, calculate the predictive-value positive and predictive-value negative of the EIA in a hypothetical population of 500,000 blood donors. Using a separate 2-by-2 table, calculate PVP and PVN for a population of 600 ill patients. Assume that the actual prevalence of E. coli among blood donors is 0.02% (0.0002) and that of people who ate Jack-In-the-Box hamburgers is 15.0% (0.15).
It is recommended that you construct your response in a Word document.