Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
Read this piece on social movements, my lecture, and short video
To quote sociologist, Lynda Ann Ewen, “Social movements are as American as apple pie.”
A “social movement” is a movement where the goal is to promote or prevent social change from occurring. To be considered a social movement, certain criteria needs to be met. (1) A large number of people need to be involved. (2) These people need to have a common goal in mind. (3) The people need a leader or leaders and they must be organized. (4) The group needs to sustain itself over a long period of time (and interaction does not necessarily need to be face to face.)
In sociology, we categorize social movements since they have unique characteristics that set them apart. It’s difficult, of course, to compare the civil rights movement to the pro life movement! The primary types of social movements are the reformative movement (gay rights advocates), the redemptive movement (Jehovah’s witnesses, born again Christians), the alternative movement (Alcoholics Anonymous, transcendental meditation), the resistance movements (anti-abortion groups, white supremacists) and the revolutionary movement (right wing militia groups).
There are many social movements that have occurred in our society to start or prevent change. Some movements are the Women’s movement, Gay Rights, Pro-life, Pro-choice movement, Occupy, Black Lives Matter and the environmental movement (which has 50 subgroups!)
I bet many of you have participated in a movement directly or indirectly in your life.
1) Please explain a social movement you belonged to surrounding race, gender, or social clas and how you were part of the movement. Why did you join it and how has it impacted our society?
2) If you have not been part of a movement when it comes to gender, race, and social class I would like to you to choose a social movement that you WOULD join and explain why you would be part of this social movement (and how it impacts our society.)
Remember, as I always say, choose something that you feel tied to or feel passionate about!