Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
Application: Planned Change in a Department or Unit
Health care organizations are continuously immersed in change from the emergence of new policies, to promote quality care and improve patient safety to keeping pace with the rapid growth in knowledge and best practices. Establishing a solid framework for planning and implementing change is a wise move, as it provides a foundation for the extensive coordination that will be needed to successfully facilitate the change.
For this Assignment, you propose a change at the department or unit level and develop a plan for guiding the change effort.
Review Chapter 8 in the course text. Focus on Kurt Lewin’s change theory, and contrast it with other classic change models and strategies.
Reflect on problems, inefficiencies, and critical issues within a specific department, unit, or area in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Select one issue as a focal point for this assignment, and consider a change that could be made to address the issue.
Think about how the change would align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values as well as relevant professional standards.
Using one of the change models or strategies discussed in Chapter 8, begin formulating a plan for implementing the change within the department/unit. Outline the steps that you and/or others should follow to facilitate the change effort. Align these steps to the change model or strategy you selected.
Determine who should be involved in initiating and managing the change. Consider the skills and characteristics that are necessary to facilitate this change effort.
Write a 3- to 5-page paper (page count does not include title and reference page) that addresses the following:
Identify a problem, inefficiency, or issue within a specific department/unit.
Describe a specific, realistic change that could be made to address the issue.
Summarize how the change would align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values as well as relevant professional standards.
Identify a change model or strategy to guide your planning for implementing the change. Provide a rationale for your selection.
Outline the steps that you and/or others would follow to facilitate the change. Align these steps to your selected change model or strategy.
Explain who would be involved in initiating and managing this change. Describe the skills and characteristics that would be necessary to facilitate the change effort.
· Marquis, B. L., & Huston, C. J. (2015). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
. Review Chapter 7, “Strategic and Operational Planning”
. Chapter 8, “Planned Change” This chapter explores methods for facilitating change and the theoretical underpinnings of implementing effective change
· McAlearney, A., Terris, D., Hardacre, J., Spurgeon, P. Brown, C., Baumgart, A., Nyström, M. (2014). Organizational coherence in health care organizations: Conceptual guidance to facilitate quality improvement and organizational change. Quality Management in Health Care, 23(4), 254-267 doi: 10.1097/QMH.0b013e31828bc37d An international group of investigators explored the issues of organizational culture and Quality Improvement (QI) in different health care contexts and settings. The aim of the research was to examine if a core set of organizational cultural attributes are associated with successful QI systems.
· Mitchell, G. (2013). Selecting the best theory to implement planned change. Nursing Management – UK,20(1), 32-37. doi: 10.7748/nm2013.04.20.1.32.e1013 Abstract: Planned change in nursing practice is necessary for a wide range of reasons, but it can be challenging to implement. Understanding and using a change theory framework can help managers or other change agents to increase the likelihood of success. This article considers three change theories and discusses how one in particular can be used in practice.
· Shirey, M. R. (2013). Lewin’s Theory of Planned Change as a strategic resource. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 43(2), 69-72. doi:10.1097/NNA.0b013e31827f20a9 Abstract: This department [manuscript] highlights change management strategies that may be successful in strategically planning and executing organizational change initiatives. With the goal of presenting practical approaches helpful to nurse leaders advancing organizational change, content includes evidence-based projects, tools, and resources that mobilize and sustain organizationalchange initiatives. In this article, the author explores the use of the Lewin’s Theory of Planned C