Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
Week 4: Johns Hopkins Nursing Non-Research Appraisal tool
· Submitting a file upload
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the graduate nursing student opportunity to practice reading and critiquing research articles for application to an evidence-based practice.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1)
2. Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 5)
3. Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
4. Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 5)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of WEEK 4, 5, 6
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assi gnments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
Total Points Possible: 130 points each in weeks 4, 5 & 6
Directions and Assignment Criteria
Students will critique a research article in weeks 4, 5 & 6 (3 total) as follows:
Week 4: Non-research appraisal (Links to an external site.): Guidelines and Reviews
Each critique will require a two-three page written analysis of the article. The paper should include:
· Article topic/focus
· Aim of assignment
Critique of Article
The article critique should be a methodological review specific to type of article (for example, qualitative or quantitative) . The analysis must be two to three pages and detailed using the text and resources. The content of the review should also include:
1. Ethical review
2. Analysis of findings
5. Application (translation) to practice specialty
6. Future implications
In addition, students must complete the Johns Hopkins Research Appraisal Tool that is applicable to the type of study design (qualitative, quantitative or non-research evidence) for the week. Refer to the rubric for additional requirements.
Preparing the Assignment
Non-research appraisal: Guideline or Systematic Review
1. Select a guideline or systematic review article from the Week 4 list.
Article to use: Piercy, L. K., Troiano, P. R., & Ballard, M. R. (2018). The physical activity guidelines for Americans. JAMA, 320(19), 2020-2028.
2. Write a two-three (2-3) page critique of the article in a Word Doc integrating your course readings. Be sure to include a citation for your article using APA format.
3. Complete the Johns Hopkins Non-research evidence review document.
4. Submit both through TurnItIn by Sunday 11:59pm MT of week 4
Format & Presentation Requirements
· APA Format According to 6th edition
· Word Doc per assignment requirements.
· Word Doc Format: Cover page, no abstract, introduction (no heading per APA), body of the paper/review, reference list, appendix with Johns Hopkins appraisal doc. For review sections refer to your readings and the Johns Hopkins Research Appraisal Tool.
· Article title, author, journal, publication date
· Evidence level and quality
· Analysis of the study methodology (specific to study type, e.g., qualitative versus quantitative versus non-research)
· Reference list should include the chosen article and other resources used to construct the review, such as course textbook, Johns Hopkins Evidence Based Practice: Model and Guidelines, and How to Read a Paper by Greenhalgh (2014).
NR505NP WK4,5,6 Article Critique_SEPT19
|NR505NP WK4,5,6 Article Critique_SEPT19|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroduction
Required content for this section includes: • Introduction to chosen article • Succinct overview of assignment focus.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCritique of Article
Required content for this section includes: • Methodological review specific to type (non-research versus research): (use text and resources) • Ethical review (not always present with guidelines or systematic reviews) • Analysis of findings • Limitations • Discussion • Application to practice (translation) • Future implications
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeJohns Hopkins Appraisal Tool||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization & Format
Requirements: • Cover (title) page • No abstract • Introduction • Body of paper and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSyntax, grammar, spelling
Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual.
|Total Points: 130.0|