Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
The case scenario provided will be used to answer the discussion questions that follow.
Mr. C., a 32-year-old single man, is seeking information at the outpatient center regarding possible bariatric surgery for his obesity. He reports that he has always been heavy, even as a small child, but he has gained about 100 pounds in the last 2–3 years. Previous medical evaluations have not indicated any metabolic diseases, but he says he has high blood pressure, which he tries to control with sodium restriction and sleep apnea. He current works at a catalog telephone center.
- Height: 68 inches; Weight 134.5 kg
- BP: 172/96, HR 88, RR 26
- Fasting Blood Glucose: 146/mg/dL
- Total Cholesterol: 250mg/dL
- Triglycerides: 312 mg/dL
- HDL: 30 mg/dL
Critical Thinking Questions
1) What health risks associated with obesity does Mr. C. have? Is bariatric surgery an appropriate intervention? Why or why not?
2) Mr. C. has been diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease and the following medications have been ordered:
a) Magnesium hydroxide/aluminum hydroxide (Mylanta) 15 mL PO 1 hour before bedtime and 3 hours after mealtime and at bedtime
b) Ranitidine (Zantac) 300 mg PO at bedtime
c) Sucralfate / Carafate 1 g or 10ml suspension (500mg / 5mL) 1 hour before meals and at bedtime.
The patient reports eating meals at 7 a.m., noon, and 6 p.m., and a bedtime snack at 10 p.m. Plan an administration schedule that will be most therapeutic and acceptable to the patient.
3) Assess each of Mr. C.’s functional health patterns using the information given (Hint: Functional health patterns include health-perception – health management, nutritional – metabolic, elimination, activity-exercise, sleep-rest, cognitive-perceptual, self-perception – self-concept, role-relationship, sexuality – reproductive, coping – stress tolerance).
What actual or potential problems can you identify? Describe at least five problems and provide the rationale for each.