Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE15Order Now Free Inquiry
We got you covered for the whole semester.
Case Study: Privatizing Police Forces
Requirement: 1 – 1/2 pages
Facing pressure to crack down on crime amid a record budget deficit, Oakland is joining other U.S. cities that are turning over more law-enforcement duties to private armed guards. In 2009, the Oakland City Council voted to hire International Services Inc., a private security agency, to patrol crime-plagued districts. While a few Oakland retail districts have pooled cash to pay for unarmed security services, using public funds to pay for armed guards would mark a first for the city. Hiring private guards is less expensive than hiring new officers. Oakland police say they consider unarmed guards acceptable, but don’t support armed guards. However, some local leaders say that they have few other options to reduce the city’s violence.
Source: National Center for Policy Analysis (“Cash Strapped Cities Try Private Guards Over Police,” Bobby White, “Cash-Strapped Cities Try Private Guards Over Police,”
Wall Street Journal, April 21, 2009, or April 22, 2009; http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17885.)
1. Do you think that privatization of public services is a good thing? Why or why not?
2. What are the ethical and political questions at stake in the privatization of police?
3. Is the privatization of police forces comparable to the privatization of other public services, say, mail delivery, or food services? Why or why not?