BIO 268 – Module 6 Homework Assignment
PART I: BACKGROUND ASSESSMENT
Directions: Answer each of the following questions. Your responses should be 3-5 sentences in length for each question.
1. What type of drug is cimetidine? How does it work, for what is it used, and what drug metabolic effect does it have? With what drugs can it interact?
2. What are the structures and functions of the digestive tract, starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum? How does it protect itself from the acids it produces?
3. The adrenal cortical hormones hydrocortisone and cortisone are used to reduce inflammation in conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, and multiple sclerosis (MS). What is a significant limitation of these drugs for treating these disorders? Why can reducing inflammation be potentially dangerous? What are three side effects of these drugs?
4. A patient has recently been given levothyroxine and asks why the drug was prescribed for her. The patient also wants to know if the drug has any side effects and whether she can borrow her husband’s liothyronine if she runs out of her levothyroxine. How should the health care professional respond to the patient’s questions?
5. What organ of the body is closely involved in water balance? What hormone is involved in this process?
6. Thiazide diuretics control water balance in the body and are prescribed to treat hypertension. How do thiazide diuretics work?
https://www.nursinghomework24x7.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/logo-300x60-1.png 0 0 developer https://www.nursinghomework24x7.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/logo-300x60-1.png developer2022-03-05 00:29:262022-03-05 00:29:26What organ of the body is closely involved in water balance? What hormone is involved in this process?